So the remainder of the polka dot wall tutorial is going to have to wait until my apartment is less insane but instead I have a fun, quick DIY that takes way less planning.
In fact, this was a pretty spontaneous DIY. I went to Michael’s to scope out some supplies for wedding DIY and saw this basket on clearance for $14.99! It was red on the bottom, which I didn’t love but I had just bought white paint for another DIY (I’ll tell you about later) and thought “I can finally make a paint dipped basket from my pinterest hoard!”
So here it goes. You need:
- white paint (or whatever colour you choose!)
- paint brush, I like the bristly one for getting into grooves
- plastic tarp
- painters tape (optional)
That’s it! So easy! I’m really excited about how fast this project is!
1. Cover area you are going to paint over with tarp. If you want a crisp line, line painters tape around basket where you want the top of your paint line to end. I liked the blurry edge so I didn’t use tape.
2. Turn basket upside down and start painting! Really work the bristles into the grooves and cracks to get even coverage. You can always touch up after if you notice a spot you missed, so don’t stress.
3. Once you’ve covered the area you want, string some string through the handle and hang to dry. I used a hook in my basement over concrete floors, so if it dripped I wouldn’t mind. You may want to place your tarp under your basket while it dries depending on where you hang it.
And that’s it! I left mine to dry for 24 hours. I’m going to go back over it and see if I want to touch up any spots and it will eventually live in my office/creative space. Stay tuned for photos in it’s future home.
have a wonderful day and be well. xo.